What do you clean your Aluminium Enclosed Trailers with?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TimTim2008, Jan 12, 2009.

1. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]
    (Picture not my trailer)

What do you guys use to clean your Aluminium Enclosed Trailers??

I can't never seem to get some of that black streak marks off my trailers.

I've tried all the autozone & walmart cleaners and degreesers, but nothing seems to work..

i may just paint the damn thing. lol

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

That thing is hideous. It will take alot to get it clean looking like that. I use regular car wash soap and washed it about every other week since new.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I can't remember the name of the stuff but if you go to a RV repair/ supply place they will have the something. It is like a paste/wax you put on and buff off, it will make a huge difference. That is why I always recommend to guys that get new trailer the first thing they should do is get a good coat of wax on them.

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

If you find out the name of this... let me know.

5. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a product that was called Majic black Streak Remover. It was a hugh waste of money. I may have just put dirty waste water on it. That is why I painted the trailer red with a good coat of clear. Than two good coats of wax. Havent seen any black streaks in a year.

6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Mothers aluminum polish its in a round thing , they are small and expensive but it works the best from our experiance. Each trailer gets a polish and wax once per year. Make sure you have lots of clean rags.

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Just use soft scrub, the kind with bleach in it. Cleans all the grime and stains right out.

8. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Wont the soft scrub scratch the finish ?

9. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

wouldn't a flitz ball work on that?

10. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Here is the stuff Met All

/www.skygeek.com/tc20.html

One of my foremen was cleaning his trailer today and I broke the stuff out. He called me later and said that stuff works great! 1/2 gallon of it and 2-3 guys we could get this trailer done in 3-4 hours ;) I am pretty sure he was exaggerating, seems to me the last guy did the whole thing in 4-5 Man hours and used 1.5 small cans.

My trailer is a 8.5' wide by 16' long