What do you DISLIKE about your Quick 36?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shopkeeper, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a 36 inch mower used for next season and for a few reasons I have been thinking of getting a Quick 36, but not being able to see it in person and check it out is stopping me. I have a big problem spending $2000+ on something I can't see so I've been looking through here and on the net to try and find more and more information on this mower.

What do you DISLIKE about your Quick 36 lawn mower?

How easy is it to maintenance? Spark plugs? Air Filters? Blades? Tires? Anything and everything please.

I appreciate any replies!

Thanks,

~Shopkeeper

2. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

Maint is easy. I do my own, and it is no prob.

I think the only drawback is that the deck clogs a bit more than I would like. I only have a scag Tigercub with a velocity plus deck to compare it to, and this is one of the best clearing decks on the market, so take that criticism with a grain of salt.
    Next I was not a fan of the fact that the discharrge chute was attached with nuts and bolts. A few minutes with a grinder and a welder fixed that. I still owe you guys some pictures.

In addition, this is the only walk behind I have owned, so I can't make a lot of comparisons.

You asked for what I don't like, I don't have anything else to say. If you want me to tell you what I do like, I could go on forever.

I've made a bunch of purchases, this is in the top three. NO REGRETS.
    pc

3. vkurt711

vkurt711 LawnSite Member

Hey Shopkeeper, good luck with finding anybody to tell you anything bad about this machine. I have been looking hard for the downside and just have not found it. One time someone said the machine was too loud. Pcarlson has two critisisms and the machine is still in his top three best purchase decisions. I plan to buy one soon, sight unseen.

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I just have to wander how many seasoned PRO's would choose Quick 36,44 over Exmark, Toro or Scag. Most of the posts and hype I have read have been from Newbies just starting out or not in business that long. I posted a poll about proven reliability and Quick 36,44 was dead last with Exmark and Toro at the top. Oooops I just checked the poll again and Quick is now second to last. I sorry but I just dont think the Quick mowers look like they will take a commercial beating like Toro, Scag, and Exmark. Sure they are cheap but I want something that will last.

5. bearcatlawn

bearcatlawn LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for. If you are a commercial guy, spend the money and go with exmark, scag or toro. If you are a small residential guy, maybe give it a try. Being cheap always comes back to haunt me.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just a "For your information" observation. The two previous Quick supporters have a total of 1 year in the business between the 2 of them. I too have noticed that most (not all) Quick owners are relatively inexperienced.

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey...these are some funny posts. You guys keep using the word "cheap" lol
    I assume that you mean cheap in price? One of the reasons they are so "cheap" is because there is NO middle man!! Duh guys...if these were sold at your local dealer for 3500 to 4000 bucks...would you be more willing to buy one? You get what you pay for is very true, but I dont think its accurate to use that phrase with the Quick 36. Remember...no middle man. Think about what you would pay for a new F-150 if you didnt have to deal with the dealership and could purchase it directly from Ford. Would that make it cheap??? lol

8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I'm with pcarlson on the deck clogging. But this only does it when the fescue is really thick and holding a lot of moisture. I have an account right now with annual ryegrass. I have to stop about every 1000 sq. ft. to clean out the deck but my Hustler would do no better. Fortunately, lifting up the machine and "hand cleaning" the deck takes about 30 seconds.

As for the guys questioning the "commercialness" of this machine, I'd stack it up against any out there. And I've been in business since '99. :)

9. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I would guess that this is because these are the guys who are beginning to purchase their equipment, and do not have any brand loyalty yet. The guys who have been in business for 5 of 10 years have already become loyal to a brand that was around when they started out. When they need new equipment they go to their dealer and buy another of what they have as long as they were happy with it.

10. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Other than traits you'd find on any single hydro WB; I give the Quick 36 a double thumbs up.
    My only dislikes.... the twin Kaw model wasn't around when I got mine.
    I'd like some more ground speed to push that awsome deck a little harder.