1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do during the winter?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by WANNAFARM2, Dec 20, 2013.

1. WANNAFARM2

WANNAFARM2 LawnSite Member
    from SW IA

Hey all, I have been reading this forum for quite awhile and just decided to join.

I have just been sitting here wondering what others are doing to stay busy during the winter months. The growing season just ended and I am already ready for spring! I do have a few snow removal accounts but lets face it, there is still alot of downtime and I am just flat out bored.

So what does everyone else do to keep themselves busy during winter??

2. LFD 1249

LFD 1249 LawnSite Member

Plow snow, repair trailers and equipment, enjoy some down time and talk to prospective clients. I always keep in touch with all my clients. It gives them the feeling that they are the only one who matters to me. I have a good friend in sales he once told me all his job requires is making his clients feel as tho they are the number one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Matt_MapleHill

Matt_MapleHill LawnSite Member

Plow snow, upgrade or repair my equipment, etc. I have plenty of buddies in construction so when I'm in need of some work I can usually always find some.

4. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Push snow and get fat!...LMAO

5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Last year I had my right knee replaced. This winter I am having my gallbladder removed. I'll turn 73 in January.

6. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I like to buy wore out mowers and restore them for the next season.Flip them for spring cash. This year I have a 36" walker and a ferris 5000 72"
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

Do you have any use for a used gallbladder, It has 638604 hours on it. I'll post pics later.

8. 35DollarLawns

With humor I will
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 35DollarLawns

With humor I will be the first to pass , that's a lot of hours though.

Just one way to look at it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Never underestimate the foreign markets!