1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you do for fun, hobby., etc.???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LIBERTYLANDSCAPING, Feb 15, 2009.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What do you do for fun? Does your business consume every part of your life, or do you have a way to "break away?"

I know too many people in this business who make tons of money, but never enjoy life, because their business consumes every part of their life. (I went to see fireworks with my kids last year @ a golf course & my wife was annoyed that I wast commenting on their abundance of weeds & poorly maintained fairways:laugh:)

Me, I'm working on my pilots license & I like to do some shooting-nothing that has to do with lawns!:usflag:

So....What do you guys do for fun?
  2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

EMT on a call fire dept

I like to duck hunt in the Fall, but during the season it seems I go 24/7
  3. go to tractor pullls and the riverboats.
  4. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

I am very sports oriented. Played college football. I pretty much stay as active as I can. I have been getting back into playing basketball a lot here lately. It's hard though with work, kids, and a new house.
  5. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

Liberty-What are shooting? What's in you arsenal?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Just about everything:usflag: I am a firearms dealer, so I play with the used guns I take in before giving them a new home:dancing: Of course I love the AR's AK's & other military types, but I have a sweet spot for shooting clays!
  7. dennys-lawn

dennys-lawn LawnSite Member

Wood working here :)

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a big football fan...so I pretty much dedicate every Sunday of the football season to the Giants. I love to just hang out with my wife. I used to play soccer all through college, but there aren't a lot of leagues around where you can play around me, plus I couldn't afford to get hurt. Oh I almost forgot....I spend way too much time on this site.
  9. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

sounds a lot like my thread about "real" income. i have two friends that go 7 days a week and make alot more than I do but I am at the lake every weekend if not once or twice during the week too to do some high flying wakeboarding. Just got back from my 4th snowboard trip. other than those I hit the gym 3-4 days a week and play indoor soccer. Try and take walks with my wife and pups every other day or so. Play guitar and make love to my wie...at the same time
  10. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

If you ever run across a reasonable Remington Nylon 66 Mohawk Brown, let me know.