What do you do in the Winter???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I know you guys make alot of money during the spring and summer. THat is prob. your top money maker. But, what do you do in the fall and winter. I do leaf cleanups in the fall and some snow in the winter but what else is there to do? Do you have other jobs for the fall and winter? Any input would help. Thanks!

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Construction (family thing) (but doubt this input was much help to you) Most I knew (when roofing full time) would sale firewood.

3. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I sell firewood and work a part time job in the winter.

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

thanks for the responce but, if you don't mind me askin, how much do you charge for firewood? I was thinking of doing that. I would need to go out and buy a log splitter. Where do you get the wood from? For me, i could, if i wanted, get trees from the guys who take them down and dump them at my house for free. I just don't know if its worth it and how much you could make. Thanks again!

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

snow removal and then prune trees late winter

6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I vacation for 2 Months, last 2 yrs went to Southern CaL for a month.....Time fly's and it seems like no time and your doing Spring Cleanups...........Marks Mowing Service

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Starve plowing sucked so much I am dropping it all together this year. I'll just put more money aside for winter this year.

8. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

i do network designs, network consulting, network installs, network support. computer networks that is.

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I chase the old woman around the house. Caught her a couple times this past winter.
    Crawdad

10. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I move snow and party with my friends and go to school.