what do you do to get a commercial accounts???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jarred's Lawn Care, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jarred's Lawn Care

Jarred's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

how do you go about getting a commercial account? do you go up to the store manager and ask to talk to him about the lawncare needs and see if they are intrested. Or do you drop off a company letter informing them of your business, or planely drop off a bid for the lawn care?? I heard of all these before and they all get results but what do you guys use. Anything Helps:dizzy:

2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Choose what you are most comfortable with from the above 3. If you have the resources you can also outsource your soliciting. Or place an Ad in Yellow Pages but be ready for price shoppers, this is not good for small company becasue of the time involved. Alot of commercial business look in Yellow Pages though.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. workaholic

workaholic LawnSite Senior Member

The best advice I can give you on commercial acc. would be to go and talk with the manager. Introduce your self and your company name and ask him if he would be interested in getting a bid from you if he turns you down and says we already have someone then say ok if for any reason it doesnt work out for you PLEASE GIVE US A CALL . make sure you have the proper amount of insurance and a certificate to show them because 99.9% of the time they will ask if you are insured then what you need to do is start sending out mail flyers to them like a month later thanking them. EXAMPLE xxx Lawn & landscape co. Dear so and so we wanted to thank you for taking the time to talk with us on march1 and would like to remind you that are company offers the following services. And do it again over the next year this way he wont forget about you. I will tell you commercial accounts are hard to get its more about word of mouth or strictly yellow pages advertises but it can happen by meet and greet and other ways.