1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you do to keep your energy up while working?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

For this season what will you do for eat,drink,etc. to keep energy up while mowing, landscaping,etc..

I am curious what you guys/gals that have sugar diabetes, low blood sugar do?

Last year I put some energy/vitamin packages in water to keep my electrolytes(?) up so I don't start getting that weak feeling. I ate nuts, bananas, peanut butter crackers in between mowing and other jobs.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

wawa Lemonade tea, and Herrs old fashoined chips
  3. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Having music to listen to as I work keeps me going. Don't really think about being tired if I'm focused on the music or talk radio.
  4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

listening to my peltors helps. the ultra fuel sports drink also helps with energy. you can get it at GNC. also, not eating heavy lunches/breakfasts, helps keep me going.
  5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I drink a ton of water. If I start to bonk, there is a couple of gas stations here that sell two 32 oz gatoraids for $3. That usually does the trick.
  6. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

2 or 3 redbulls throurghout the day helps keep me going.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I start my morning with 2-3 cups of kona coffee, espresso style, and a granola bar or something closely resembling a granola bar..then it's lots of h2o and Powerade with a 3 musketeers bar here and there..Peltors help the day go faster as well
  8. GetSomeGOJO

GetSomeGOJO LawnSite Member

H2O and Oats baby! I like hearty (though bland and I really hate the taste, really) bowl of the oatmeal. Then, enjoy GOOD coffee with your best friend/pardner and get to loadout for the day. Gets the day started, then onward to a mid-morning candy bar (your choice). At noon, The most mighty sandwich you can imagine (whatever you like, again) washed down with 32 oz. of God's pure sports drink. Keep drinking water all afternoon. PEEEEE!!!

And then...
    Whatever yer mom woulda cooked you if she could! Washed down with a couple a glasses of suds or your favorite vino!

Follow this diet and you'll be ready to face the day, everyday!
  9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Water does nothing for me its Snapple ice tea all day. On the real bad days like when its 100 I can go through 8-10 sixteen ounce bottles in a day. When I did not have time to go to the store and settled for water I have lower energy and I get hungry as well.
  10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Coffee and more coffee, throw in some h2o when its hot, or I've temporarily ran out of coffee