What do you do to keep your equipment from spinning around in your racks?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by customcurbdesigns, Feb 23, 2008.

1. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

What do you guys do to keep your trimmer, edger, etc from spinning around in your racks? Thanks

Sean

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i dont worry about it, or if it bugs you or if they are getting flooded out get the extreme series by green touch.

3. tennesseelawnguy

tennesseelawnguy LawnSite Member

hey sean. i've had good luck using pipe insulation(the foam kind that's split up the middle). i cut it to size and zip tie it around the rack and the flap where needed. it needs to be replaced every so often, maybe once a seaon, but it's alot cheaper than repairing or replacing a trimmer.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I think it depends on the rack. I have a Rackem brand on a open trailer and no matter what I try they still spin. On my enclosed trailer I have two sets [sorry don't remember brand] that came from Northren Tool, they are spring loaded and nothing spins.

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i use green touch and had the same problem with my stihl weedeaters. i took the ring for the strap harness and moved it down the shaft of the weedeater so it would sit inside the rack keeping the weedeater from spinning

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I have a trimmer trap rack...they don't spin, but the rack sure tears the hell out of the trimmers and edger.

7. tomgolfs44

tomgolfs44 LawnSite Member

absolutely LOVE my extreme series rack from green touch. no flooding, no shaft wear, nothing. You can even gas them up while still on the rack!

8. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Go to home depot and buy some heater pipe insulation (round foam that slides over pipes basically). Rap that around the bar where your trimmer rests to hold it secure and also protect it from wearing the trimmer shaft and handle down. Worked great for me.

9. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Extreme trimmer rack is the answer.

10. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Oh I hate this as well. My sthils are fine on the rack just get a little wear. But twice my guys have just thrown the echo up there and the trigger has busted off.