What do YOU do to save money and reduce expenses?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Notice, how I mentioned MA law. I didn't say federal law or state laws. I said, MA law. That's because I know that every state is different. When you tell a person he is "incorrect", there should be some proof behind your words. My business was once in RI. In RI, an owner does not have to be covered. But, it's that owners's choice. What state is he in. Are you trying to say that his state would not allow him to have worker's comp, if he wanted it.
    Give us some fact's behind your comments.:confused:

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

the facts behind my comments are you said it was his choice NOT to have workers comp when he is a solo operator.

my comment was some states don't allow you to have workers comp when you are solo. workers comp is usually used for employee's, NOT owners.

so my point is he is a solo operator that may NOT have a choice because purhaps in his state he can not get workers comp on himself.

not all states ALLOW you to cover yourself with workers. there's no CHOICE is that.....

its a good possiblity his state wouldn't allow him to have workers comp if he wanted because he is a solo operator.

3. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

I was talking to a guy who takes his trucks and equip to get fuel by himself at the end of the day to avoid paying guys to sit in the truck while 1 fuels the equip. I prefer to have them fuel at the end of the day when they are eager to get out rather than in the morning when they want to hang around and get coffee and chat.

4. KyLawnscapes

KyLawnscapes LawnSite Member

As for workers comp for the owner, i believe that basically all you do is get Disability Ins. on your self. Some ins companies wont let you add yourself to the workers comp. plan so you have to get personal disability Ins on yourself which is basically the same thing.

5. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

:wall Alot of talk but, no facts as usual.

6. Turfcutters Plus

Turfcutters Plus LawnSite Senior Member

dumb move.

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

maybe no facts but the point was you saying he has a choice could very well be incorrect. he may not have a choice being solo.