What do YOU do to save money and reduce expenses?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Got rid of comp and collision on my trucks that were paid for, saved about $300 per year on each.

2. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I clean used items for a fraction of new, build much of my own stuff, maintain my own stuff, run a solo op to avoid work comp, run tires to the steel belts before replacing, etc.

3. Landscraper1

Landscraper1 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Southeastern Ma.

Get Illegals to work for you. Low wages, no insurance, and no complaints.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Change any joint accounts with your spouse back to your personal use only! I save five figures every year!

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Do it no more often than every 3 years.

Buy them used to begin with and pay for it in full.

6. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the same insurance carrier for the near part of 15 years. I've shopped around, but no one comes close. I can't beat $260 a month for home (rented out), apartment, three vehicles and a trailer. Best one yet that gave me a quote just last fall wanted almost double that for the same coverage, even with multi-vehicle discounts and such.

7. IdahoGrass

IdahoGrass LawnSite Member

Even better than employing illegals, just buy a couple of them and keep 'em in the basement. I am getting a business credit card that pays back 3% on gas and 1% on everything else, that will put a little money back in my pocket for sure. I also try to make myself a lunch every day.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

don't spend money unless you NEED to......

9. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Some good ideas, some of them I hadn't thought of, I hope we can get a few more....

10. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Got rid of the Kubota, saved a bundle!:cool2: