What do you do when your not working?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, May 25, 2011.

1. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I did that when I first started, now I get most business through a few advertising outlets, and word of mouth. Plus, I have dug enough holes in my short life, I pay people to do it now. When it comes to work all I do now is bids, meetings, charity functions, get to know people that need a LOT of work.

IDPA- international defensive pistol association

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Screw that. When it's time to work, I work. When time to rest and play, I rest and play. Probably too much. Rarely am I going out looking for work, and I'm not going out knocking on doors to find it.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'd look at every cold call, especially if it was a referral, but NEVER fooled around with door knocking or hangers: tacky. Like you, Dana, I did not mind busting nuts 24/7 during the season, because I knew, if I'd played it right, there was work for the crew in the winter and twinkie-time for me and my honey. Took me a few weeks to quit thinking about the biz once we got moving, but, after that, :dancing::clapping::drinkup:

4. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Not working... When is that? Can't let anyone know that I do not work 24/7, wait I do.

If I do have any spare time, I am into anything tech (do a lot of web work and programming) and also into doing stuff with fish tanks and fish breeding, mainly freshwater africans and some others.

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I rock out dude!!!!
    :cool2:

IMG_2569.jpg

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Is that you, Sprink? :clapping:

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Sprinkus looks like a bad Motherjamma

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

That be me. :)

9. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I like to ride my moutain bike, go claming, play squash, play with my kids, take my canoe out in the marshes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

When I'm not working I'm sleeping. Then get up and go to work. No time for activities in the summer. Come winter I sit on my butt and dread the return of spring. If you can't tell, I'm grumpy tonight
    Posted via Mobile Device