What do you do when your not working?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, May 25, 2011.

1. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Shower. Eat. Sleep.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We all get there Les. Keep your head up. How's the new lil' one treating you?

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I hereby nominated Boots as lifetime president. . . :drinkup:

As another poster correctly commented IDPA stands for International Defensive Pistol Association. Currently I am ranked somewhere around # 2 or 3 in the state in SSR and definitely with-in the top 10 in the US. After I shoot the international match in September I'll have a better idea where I stand globally.

Interesting shooting sport, has a practical aspect the other alleged practical shooting sports do not, doesn't cost much money nor in equipment to get started - and is a whole lot of fun.

Pretty much I had to do something to diminish the insane hours present at work or in the office. Hit burn out a while ago but found a decent set of people as acquaintances to travel around Texas with, shoot some matches, quaff a few beers, while generally trying to ignore the cell phone.

4. FlowControl

FlowControl LawnSite Member

I play softball 3 nights a week and try to get out on my yak when I can and atleast fish 1 or 2 days a week with maybe 2 tourneys a month.

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

That's the only thing I miss about S. Florida - the softball leagues.
    Played for a local bar at least nights a week - was called the London Pub, do not know if it is still around.
    Also played rugby for Guy, the owner of the London Pub.
    Great deal - if we won (which was quite often) the first two beers were on the house. If we lost - nothing. Decent motivation if you ask me.

6. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

softball = :sleeping:

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I thought they played beer ball in S fla. Get on 1st base , a chic there with a cooler hands you a beer. Ya cant run to 2nd unless ya finished the beer first.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

looks like he smacked the kid too. :)