What do you do when your not working?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, May 25, 2011.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Working in the office on Saturday.

saturdaybeer.jpg

2. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

Congrats on the little one Dan!

I have 4 young kids myself so don't have a huge amount of spare time. I love Rugby League and watch it the NRL as much as I can on weekends (see sig for big hits). Also love lying around on the lounge watching DVD's. Love having friends over for a barbie and beers.

3. McVey Landscape

McVey Landscape LawnSite Member

Work on my own stuff at home, take the kids fishing. I try to find something.

4. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

My time off is in the winter also, so I usually stare out the windows with my hands in my pockets(wishing it would warm up)

5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Add f.....ing plowing and you sound like me:cry:

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

If I am not working or shooting I am on calls as a volunteer firefighter.

Since Texas, and especially central Texas, is in the midst of a historic drought, our call volume has been rather high.

Averaging ten to twelve hours per week on either accidents, brush fires, aircraft accidents but fortunately haven't encountered any structure fires.

From a week prior to now it has been over eighteen hours on mutual aid calls and got in this morning at 0030hrs after an RV towing a vehicle caught fire then started a 30 acre grass fire in dense brush.

At least it's keeping me out of the bars . . . .

7. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I like to drum fish off the pier or surf, do some mtn biking when I can, and kayak fishing. Keep in mind I have the best FT job during the day. I am still doing some irritation and lighting work in the evenings. It funnnieee I have to go to work so I can relax..it is almost 9 am so I have to head out cheers. I forgot drink some chilly ones

Posted via Mobile Device

8. Tbone77

Tbone77 LawnSite Member

Off road desert racing! Then fixing everthing we broke, then doing it again!

getsome3.jpg

9. Inspired

Inspired LawnSite Senior Member

I used to race sprint cars in Texas. Same deal. Run it, fix it, run it, repeat..... Go to sponsors for more money... :)

10. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmm. . . pick glue off my hands, dry out and get the dirt out of my wallet:laugh:. Collect sprinklers and volunteer on the 143' long tugboat Comanche.