What do you do when.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pjslawncare, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Pjslawncare

Pjslawncare LawnSite Member

What do you guys do when a customer leaves out hoses, toys, and especially dog poop repeatedly every week when the customers know we come on a certain day of the week???

Also, what do you do when customers all of a sudden call you during the week you are planning to mow their yard (weekly customers) and tell you to skip them for the week??

I appeciate all responses, Thanks!!!

2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I fire them. I would rather not have bad customers. I do pick up a few things but excessive dog crap I cant live with.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i pick up a few odds and ends (depends on the customer, i know all of them, and know their physical problems, if they leave it b/c of a physical ailment i take care of it). i dont move trampolines, pain in the ass and a liability as well. dog crap gets mowed over, if they have a dog and dont pick it up i sure as hell aint.

4. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Pick'em up or just send them in pieces all over the yard if you are having a bad day.

5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

if the dog toy is fluffy, trust me you're better off picking it up, or at the very least kicking it out of the way lol. also if theres no chance of harm to your mower just go over it. things like a hose thats all strung out shouldnt even hit your blades anyway. oh and also make sure you tell them the lines arent straight because you made an effort to not get dog sh!t in your tires because it makes your trailer reek.

6. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Yea usually you can just cruise over the hose, as for the fluffy dog toys or my favorite the wadded up paper towle in the grass. Yes you will be there a while picking it up.

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I get pizzed off and move it. My neighbors wife is the WORST. She KNOWS the dang hose is in the yard. she LEFT it there! I ALWAYS start on the front yard cause I KNOW that hose is strung out all over the back yard. Somehow I keep thinking she'll get off her dead azz and move it. but NO..she just sits there, phone to her ear jabbering away puffing on her cigarette and chugging her beer. PIZZES ME OFF!!!

Other one is my highest paying customer. He KNOWS the hose is there and he KNOWS what day I mow. STILL leaves it there and then BIOTCHES about the grass dying where HE has left the hose!! BLOWS MY FRICKIN MIND!!

and then there is my dad...parks his dang farm equipment all over the yard!!

and two churches I mow for..one..nice large newly paved parking lot...car poolers meet here to ride to work..PARK ON THE GRASS!!!

other church..park the friggin church bus on the YARD!!! PLENTY of gravel parking!!!

8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

well i normally just move them where ive already cut unless i like the customer...dog crap if i run over it its 5$ extra on there monthly bill. but normally ill always go over the lawn before i cut it if i know things will be in the way of me.

9. bock

bock LawnSite Member

That a good idea for the dog steamers! There is a yard I have that all their dogs crap in the same corner and last week I had it and just mowed around it. I am going to have to tack on an extra 5 spot to compensate for my stinky enclosed trailer!

10. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I talk to repeat offenders.

I have it in my contract that I charge extra for this BS.

If I have dog crap, I always pull my mower up right next to the front or back door and hose all the mess off right where they can't miss it...