what do you do when

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by travis strecker, Jun 9, 2004.

1. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

what do you when the people that installed the yard put that guick realse nitrogen fertilzer on the yard and it looked good and green for a while now i guess it wore off cause now the yard went yellow so what do you do to make it green
  2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Put down more fertilizer.:rolleyes:
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

They may have put down too much. Just a thought. What type of grass is it?
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How dry has it been down there? These are things to consider before just throwing down more. There may be more going on there. Also, if it is a new lawn, it's possible that it could just be rust. This is common within the first year of new lawns.
  5. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Water ? :confused: :confused: :confused:
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

More Water ? :confused: :confused: :confused:
  7. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Fertilizer with a high iron content.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL, I realize they've had al the flooding down there and such, but I just wasn't sure what his area has had just recently. We've had the same thing up here, but the last week and a half has yielded dry weather with much hotter temps. Thank goodness, we just got some more rain, today.
  9. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

your saying they installed the lawn, the seed popped, then they hit it with urea at probably .5 - 1lb of nitrogen per 1000 sq. ft. which would only last 2-4 weeks depending on how much they put down. now the lawn is starting to melt because of lack of nutrients. sounds like you answerd your own question. fertilize it.