1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you do when......

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by green thum, Mar 17, 2005.

1. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:cool2: what do you do when handing out fliers in mailboxes and see someone elses flier already there?put yours in anyway or move on?
    Iwas putting out fliers this morning and there was already fliers in this paticular neighborhood advertising he will do any yard for 25.00,is this what
    you old timers here call a scrub?
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i'd take them with me... never know when you're gonna run out of toilet paper.
  3. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

The most ethical thing to do would be to add yours to the pile. :angel:
    But here in the real world... I would take one (theirs) and add one (yours). :waving:

The only time I did the flyer thing was when I worked for Barefoot Grass (now Trugreen) and I hated it! As for now, if I pull up to one of my accounts and see a flyer there, I get angry and take the damn thing! :angry: Then I call the company and grill them about their services......
  4. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow LawnSite Member

It is a federal offense to put anything but U.S. Mail in a mailbox, not a good idea. You can however put them on the outside of the mailbox or inbetween the screen door and front door. You could also stick the edge in between where the door and the door frame meet. :waving:
  5. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Mister is right! I can recall a time when a postal worker about went "Postal" on me because of all the flyers in someone's mailbox! After I pointed out that none of them were mine, he calmed down. He said he hated Spring time, because of all the companies putting their advertising media in the boxes and not on the appropriate areas. So take our advice, look into buying a bundle of bags or just buy some rubberbands! :dizzy:
  6. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

two funny!!! I would probably write down the address to remember that the other guy placed his flyer there to. Just so when the people call for quotes I know what I am up against.
  7. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Cant hang anything in, on, or even on the post the mailbox is attached too! The only mail boxes that are fair play are "community" boxes found in the lobbies or outside apartment buildings or the slots in the front doors. Here is the link. http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm/d041.htm If they prosecute is a different story!