1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you do with the clippings? Cam strikes again!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PLM-1, Jul 1, 2005.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I took my mom out to lunch today and this awesome BBQ place that's in the ghetto. I guess everything is different there!

What do you do when you don't have any other place to dump your clippings? ... dump them in the road's storm drain! We were sitting there and i was watching this guy one-hand his 21"er. He was mowing 3 yards right together, and bagging (for some reason??). His bag got full and then I saw him pull the cover off the drain and start dumping his slippings down there! The people behind us gasped and said "look at that!"

Check out the crappy pics! Camera phone strikes again!

Illegal Dumping 1.jpg

Illegal Dumping 2.jpg

Illegal Dumping 3.jpg

Illegal Dumping 4.jpg
  2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Not surprising. though your area there looks rather nice, I've seen far worse ghettos.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I caught a guy dumping his Walker behind a privacy fence that was on a property that I service. lol My customer put a stop to it real quick.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When that guy was dumping his clippings like that, you should've stepped outside with your camera and make it apparent that you were taking pictures of him. That would've probably made him stop, and gave him something to dwell on.
  5. PLM-1

I did right there at the last, the one with my mom in the pic! lol
    he just gave me a dirty look! a cop drove by in the middle of him making a dump and didn't do 1 thing! can u believe it?? if it were me...i would have had a huge fine slapped on me!
  6. BigChaz

BigChaz LawnSite Member

Whats he doing bagging this time of year

Or any time of year for that matter
  7. PLM-1

I dunno! And it's not like these were nice yards or anything. Maybe those crapsmans only do one thing! ;)
  8. MudFoot

MudFoot LawnSite Member

Turn the pictures into the cops. That one cop who didn't do anything should be slapped with a fine too!
  9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what I'd like to know.
  10. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

cop probably don't even know environmental effects...I'd go to city (or county) water/sewer dept. (Some have environmental officers).