1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Do You Do With Your Leaves????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Nov 10, 2004.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey just wanted to know what you guys do with your leaves after pickups or such. I empty them in my woods in the back field. You???????????
  2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

big compost pile at the "transfer station"
  3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Either the dump or the transfer station. $28 bed level above bed level $37.10
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Wood recycling center....23 cubic yards (11 truck beds full) cost about $20.
  5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

there's a new development just beginning in the middle of where 90% of my customers are. I went over to the construction guys last month, asked them if I could dump leaves in the lot where the dozers were pushing over trees, topsoil etc and they said totally fine with the clean fill. I went back the next day at lunch with a case of beer and a bunch of burgers, and have been dumping leaves there for free ever since. some of my customer let me dump them in the woods too
  6. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Woods in my back yard. My nearest dump facility is 20 miles away and cost $18 a load to dump
  7. mpblass

mpblass LawnSite Member

I dump at our city forestry recycling dump. It cost $8.00 per truck load no matter how high the load is. Same price for grass clippings.
  8. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I dump at a mulch place, about a half mile from my house. Actually, I think just about everyone around here does. The place is mad busy right now. $5/load, any size load.
  9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I blow them into the neighbors yard and then go back the next day and tell them how bad their lawn looks and sell them on a leaf clean up too...and then the next and the next.... :p
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Turn them into dust with the Meg-mos and an ocdc.