what do you do......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 30, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my last stop saturday afternoon......the street was not accesible. there was an accident, a downed light pole, and the cops had everything blocked. i couldn't get to the property to cut it. this client is on a flat monthly rate. does he get discounted or credited for the missed cut?

2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

It's up to you. morally yes he deserves a credit, and if you want to keep the customer yes give him some type of dicount or credit

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No Charge...............

4. Varick

Varick LawnSite Member

Yes, you need to comp the customer in some way...

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the street still blocked? If not, mow it.

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

well, I would credit him, or run over there this am and cut it. Atleast call and tell why you missed it so they dont have a week to steam about it

7. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

CREDIT !!!!!!!!!!!!! CREDIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why are you always screwing cutomers ???????????????

damn bobby where your thought process .............

it not that hard to CREDIT someone............

payup payup payup payup
    `````````

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

actually sir, it is, i'll tell you why....the cost of your lawnmow, includes, the trip over, one pass with the mower, weedwacking, and edging that is done every other visit. the trip over was made. because the street was not accesible, the lawn, on the next visit will have to be double/tripple cut. for the guys working at such a very low profit margin, the return trip, will be a financial loss to them. to me, the repeat trip would make me earn a little less . my plan ON THIS PARTICULAR LAWN, is that i'm scheduled to trim shrubs there tuesday. i'll cut it tuesday, and then return on my regular day (saturday). so, no discount. but, if i wasn't scheduled to trim there tuesday, and had to wait till saturday, i'd give no discount. i didn't hit the lightpole, nor did i cause the accident.

9. arkylady

arkylady LawnSite Member

I would call them and explain what happened and get them in the schedule ASAP (as in today or tomorrow). This way the customer is happy and you don't have to credit them. All you're out is one wasted trip to their house.

BTW the customer didn't hit the light pole or cause the accident either, so why should it be all on them? Now if you had showed up to mow and the customer had some reason you couldn't mow and didn't bother to call and let you know ahead of time, that may be a different story.

10. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

unbelievable...