1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by logan, Sep 13, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I have an ad in the paper always. I can't take on any more work though. I had some good friends that I would give the leads to but they all quit the business. Now I am calling the potential customers back and letting them know that I can put them on a list and I will cal them back when I have an opening in my schedule. I let them know that I don't think I can do a quality job if I take on any more customers and I hope you are happy with the service you choose. I know some lawn companies ingore their phones when they are full but what do most of you do?
  2. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

.........but usually I just give them a way high estimate, who knows, maybe they'll take it..and I want better, higher paying yards anyways...or I give them another fellows #

3. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

When I get to this point, I will start raising the prices on the properties that are either PITA or low margin, expecting that some of them will drop (the others will become more worthwhile), then I will be selective about the work that I accept from new customers. Only accepting work within my route area, nice lawns, weekly service, good vibe about payment habits, etc.
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

Lose the ad if you don't want anymore work.... :waving: