What do you do ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EastProLawn, Aug 12, 2004.

1. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Other than vacations what do some of you guys do to unwind or relax after a long day, week, or month of lawn work...

I take a swim in the pool every so often or go out with the wife and some friends for some drinks or if times permits I'll do some training in the dojo. What are some of things you guys do ?

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

No one thing in particular, I don't have as much time for hobbies as I used to (funny, I thought owning a business would "free up" time for those things). In general, I just like to stay up a little later than the wife and kids, get in some quiet time.

3. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I also enjoy the pool every so often, run a little if time permits, but mostly it's school and work for me.

4. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. Funny how things have a way of turning out the complete opposite of what you intended.....

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

what do I do....get fat

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Chill in the redneck kiddie pool with my kids, I sold all of my toys a few years ago... ( Sob sob..)

7. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

I more than likely relax or go ride the fourwheeler trails

8. Cod

Cod LawnSite Member

I own a motorcycle (crotch rocket), so at the end of the day, I fire it up and head out on the roads for awhile with some buddies. We usually do that every day after work since most of us get off work around the same time. Then on weekends, I do what a college kid is supposed to......drink and party. Sunday is a day of laziness; then it's back to school and work on Monday morning.

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Might sound dumb but I cut grass to relax.
    I'm on my HOA board and my Church council, and Asst. Scoutmaster for my kids troop. 2 kids-11 & 12- and the wife at home every night.... I love to go to work and get away.
    Weekends are for play. I live on a lake so we do a lot of boating and we have a motorhome so we do a lot of camping and about once a month I go on a Boyscout campout or hike.
    By the way, anybody want to buy a not used enough motorhome!

10. Matts Mowing

Matts Mowing LawnSite Member

I spend time out in my new boat and spend time with the family.