What do you drive??????

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Bobcat s250 NY, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may have read this in the Hardscape forum, but if not......
    Hey guy since i started in this business i was never sure what to drive when i go on my estimates. What do you guys drive? I dont have a pick up truck that i see many guys driving around. I only have my dump, flatbed, and box truck. I have thought to drive my personal car, but didnt know if it would seem un professional. Any thoughts????

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I stopped thinking about vehicle choices when I saw a company-painted Ford Festiva at one job site. (extremely large construction company)

3. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

If your dump truck is like a 1 ton style, that would be just fine. The only problem I see with a bigger truck on estimate runs is mileage and maybe a maneuverability issue. I use a pickup or dump truck, cause I don't even have a car. If I had one I wouldn't mind using it. Saves gas.

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I drive my F-250 for everything. Just make sure it's clean!:waving:

5. Flatbed

Flatbed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I drive a Ford Ranger to most of my meetings. I think it is important to drive a vechicle with your company name, and make sure it is clean outside and inside.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Our fleet consists of a F-250, a Chevy 3500 box van, and a Chevy 2500.

I drive the 3/4 ton chevy.

7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I drive a hard bargain and my wife crazy.

As far as transportation go, your personal presentation is much more important than your mode of transportation. That being said, I tend to steal the wife's Van (family vehicle) for estimates instead of my beat up old truck, but if my beat up old truck bothers them, then they really aren't my kind of customer anyway. The guys out there who think they have to drive a 800 to 1000 dollar payment so they can look good are great for buisness. There equipment is the best to be had on auction day when the tally books are finally read.

8. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I drive this... but then again the only estimates I drive to are for our district. :)

Irrigation Truck-Trailer IV-01.jpg

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

lol... I have been thinking the same thing lately. Expecially guys that work out of there 50k cowboy cadillacs. I can't figure it out... is status that important?

10. advanced irrigation

advanced irrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from tx

i just use this, eventually i would like a service body but trying to take it one step at a time

IM000497.JPG