what do you eat and drink during the day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evans Lawn Service, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

ok i will ask this what do you eat during your day at work? how many times do you eat? what gives you a boost of energy? what takes your energy away (makes you lazy)? take out or sack lunches?

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I usually bring a sandwich, some snacks, plenty of water and gatorade. Take out makes me lazy. Once a week I will grab lunch at Wawa. For those of you that don't know what Wawa is it's a convenience store with awesome lunch food, coffee, snacks, and most of them have gas stations now.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I usually start the day with some barbacoa tacos and some mango juice and for lunch I either have fajita tacos, tortas, quesidallas, ya you see what I eat. lol.
  4. S.A.L.

S.A.L. LawnSite Member
    from NOLA

A sit down meal around 1:00 and sometimes up to a gallon of Gatorade through out the day. Water too.
    The sit down meal is a real re-charge.
  5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I usually stope somewhere for lunch. Fast food. Be it subway, quiznos, DQ, Burger King, Braums... Sometimes I grab a couple heart stopper chedder dogs at the kwik shop (gas station). If I'm in a hurry I just get it to go and jamb it in my neck on the way to the next lawn. I pretty muck always eat whatevers close, not driving across town to feed a craving, lol.

I just don't do well without lunch... I get to feeling puny and weak if I don't eat. Not to mention for the hour or so that I'm feeling the hunger I'm not nice to be around, lol! I also just can't seem to make myself ever pack a lunch. I don't know why. Something about cold sandwich and chips just makes the day stink. Being able to stop and have a good lunch that I can enjoy eating, even if it's really fast, is one of the perks of being self employed.
  6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

A lot of grilled chicken sandwiches (like Wendy's, chick-fil-a) Granola bars, BANANAS!!!, turkey sandwiches, gatorade, yogurt, slimfast shakes (girly but good for you!)
  7. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Kool Milds
  8. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

lunch???? Why??? I dont have time to eat. I eat when i get home at night after sharpening blades and greasing machines. During the busiest part of the season it could be 9 pm or later before I eat.

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't eat much just lots of liquids water, pop, gatorade, we stop maybe twice a week at subway, or wendys. The guys pack lunch most of the time. I had a guy that had a multi pocket tray full of vitamins and would eat two cans of dry tuna. Yes he was a hauss. :weightlifter:
  10. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

no lunch, just water and gatorade