What do you fulltime LCO's do in the winter time

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLS1, Oct 17, 2002.

1. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you fulltime LCO's do in the winter?
    Do you get part- time jobs if yes what type?
    Do you take lots of vacations?
    Do you have a winter business other than snow plowing?

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Drink football and watch beer!!!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Mow.
    (Sorry,I could not resist.):D ;)

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

You Suck!!!!!!! Calling for snow flurries tonight.

LAWNS AND MOWER

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I mow my yard once every couple weeks just to see the stripes even though the grass is dormant :D :p :rolleyes: :dizzy: ROFLMAO.... I get so frickin' bored... I forget how good green grass looks and what it looks like, then I go online to Eric ELM's site and pretend I'm in heaven ;) I also might rebuild an engine or do major repairs, help a friend in his mower repair shop (or just hang out), catch up on the computer and WORK ON WEBPAGES (probably the most useful and aggravating thing LOL). I rejoice when it snows even just an inch or two and go out and jump on my garden tractor with homemade cab and homemade 48" Vplow and scrape it off my driveway and a neighbor or two just for kicks, pretending I am rescuing the whole town from a monster blizzard with 3' of snowfall LOL....
    I think I go craazzzyyy in wintertime. Winter here is from November to early March and dont' expect much snow if any :cry: :cry: it's only something to dream about.
    Also make modifications to equipment, get it out and play with it every now and then to keep it lubricated and moving. Make plans for next year.

Basically what LAWNS AND MOWER said!

6. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

PT job....finish college

Drink HOCKEY watch beer :D :drinkup:

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I go chill at the beach in Florida or at my mom's condo in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Maxn and relaxin.

Scott

8. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

I left something out. Since most customers go to every 2 weeks and some are just once a month there is plenty of time to
    DRINK BEER AND WATCH FOOTBALL plus play on the "pooter",sleep,work on the "Honey-Do" list,go fishing,and on and on.
    The best part is that the same money keeps a rolling in.
    L&M you need to come on down!
    :D

9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I like to sit around and gain weight, LOL, so when the spring starts up, I can lose it again by walking behind the mower. Well i play soccer all year long but...

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would like to go full-time next season. I am planning on getting a job to get me through the winter until I make enough money to set aside to make it through the winter. Then I will cut wood and just find other stuff to do marketing projects, training courses and the like.

MATT