What do you guys charge for leaves.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by daysel, Dec 8, 2007.

1. daysel

daysel LawnSite Member
    from TEXAS

Just wondering because one of my clients was bitching when I charged 55$ for 1hour of leaf pick up.....I work fast.
    I told her it takes me 30 min to do her yard and she pays me 35$. So it's actually a cheaper rate than the yard...and i'd much rather cut the yard than pick up leaves.:dancing:
  2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to charge $60.00 per hour but this year I've gone to $150.00 MINIMUM for any cleanup to cover the rising cost of gas and dumping.

That $150.00 will usually cover the customer for about an hour and a half worth of work and thats usually how long it takes me to do one of my houses.
  3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

must have been a small lawn to get it done in an hour, non the less, i wouldnt pull up to her lanw for a fall cleanup at that amount.
  4. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

we don't have the leaf problems you guys have here where i'm at ,but i charge a hourly rate the same for what ever we do expect installs.........
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

You have not provided enough information to make any comment about the $55 charged for the work. Showing up with a couple of people, a couple of blowers, a debris loader, etc and working for one hour is much different than showing up with a hand rake. Productivity .... working fast is no absolute measure.
  6. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with In2mown our minimum is 150.00-175.00. Especially if it is a one time johnny. You have no idea how many leaves are there and don't get me started on the sticks that get caught in the loader opening tube!!
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The Northwest area of the city might pay a little more but in most of the city we only get mow prices for leaves. Aren't you continuing to mow on regular basis since the grass is still growing strong in our area? Just mulch them and forget arguing with them especially if they are a good customer.
  8. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I think your charging right, I had a few this year that 2 guys did in a hour and I charged $150 and people didn't say a thing. Two asked me if I was sure it was enough. You will always find people who are cheap, most of my clients won't say a word because they know it's hard work and I'm not going to clean there property for nothing. The only thing is $55-60 is for big blowers and a charge for taking leaves away because 90% of my clients don't want there leaves on the curb.
  9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

You'll find a big variety in what guys charge. Mostly because of where they live. In my neck of the woods Im hearing as low as $30 per man hour up to $60 per man hour. Probably also depends on the method and equipment.
    If a guy is gonna rake them by hand he can charge very much per hour compared to a guy who mulches them or sucks them up with a vac.
    Alot of my props take only an hour because I mulch them up every 2 weeks starting November.:usflag:
  10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Im jealous! Im looking out my window at a sleet/ice storm and you guys still got grass to mow! That'd be nice....