What do you guys do for fallen fruit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Let it Grow, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up a new account with 3 fruit trees that have lots of fallen, and really soft fruit. How do you guys deal with that?

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

interseting question.

while i dont really have a good answer i do have a funny story.

we used to do a house with tons of crab apple trees and they were ALL on the ground. worker ran over them with the z and the all shot out of the discharge and nailed the other guy in the face a few times.

another week. we played lco softball. i pitched some crab apples and one guy stood with the trimmer and cut em up as i pitched them.
    i guess not the smartest idea but it seemed fun at teh time....

i would say just raise ur deck a lil or trim around them

3. veltenslawncare

veltenslawncare LawnSite Member

i use my redmax eb7001. that does the trick for me. i just blew about 150 apples 15 yards into a ditch in under 10 mins.

4. Pro Prop Care

Pro Prop Care LawnSite Member

YOU could PAY someone TO pick THEM up FIRST!

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

they make mulch too

6. I run them over, I pick them up if the owner agrees to pay me to pick them up.
    I have a few residentals with apple and pear trees, one is a farm with a small orchard and they don`t care if i hit them.

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Make crabapple sauce or pear sauce or whatever sauce the fruit will become after I run over it a few times. I don't pick it up and I don't weed eat in it!:cool:

8. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

I mow a property that has black walnut trees. Does a walnut hurt when launched from under the deck, you ask? Does a one legged duck swim in circles? When i finally get to the truck my right azz cheek looks like it caught on fire, and i put it out with a bag of six penny nails.

Apples, pears, plumbs, anything but nut trees! :D

9. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I like the fresh cirtus aroma...............mulch em!

10. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Yeouch Blackwater :cry: and I thought getting hit with some pea gravel from a trimmer was bad.

I unusually close my OCDC and make sauce too just make sure you clean your deck off real well. Let mine sit during a hot weekend after mowing around some apple trees let just say the smell was pretty interesting to say the least.

Ron