What do you guys do for side jobs or extra income?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by athep, May 26, 2004.

1. athep

athep LawnSite Member

I currently have about 50 residential clients here in Utah. On a good week we get them done in 2 days which leaves the rest of the week open for other projects and ventures. I was wondering what other jobs everyone has, or what other fields they have been involved in. I am curious to find out what other array of businesses and jobs people are involved in. I have recently started a small side business washing windows. Here in utah with the dirty rain that we have its been a decent side gig. Let me know what you guys are involved in. Thanks

2. I wish someone around here would start a pool cleaning business, gosh I hate doing it.

3. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

really. every winter my pool ends up like a swamp. it is such a pain getting it back in order. i need a cover

4. ez target

Congrats on getting your flash bangs.

5. EZTarget

lol thanks.
    now if i can just remember to pull the pin and THROW!

6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

EZ target

forget the throwing thing. Get a mark 19 grenade launcher.

Belt fed grenade launcher, what else is there?

7. EZTarget

maybe i will trade in my m203 launcher but that still leaves me with the problem of the flash bangs. since these are hand thrown. is there a flash bang that is used in a launcher?

as we digress

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi athep,

It sounds like you offer some good services. You could also take the time you have off and use it to further advertise your business.

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

athep,

What part of SLC are you in?
    My primary area is Sandy and Draper.

Like Gopher said.....If you have extra time spend some of it marketing your business and try to grow your current clientel.

10. EZTarget

when do you start for next year? i mean you are always trying to grow it but at what point in the winter do you start getting your name out there?