What do you guys do on rain days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Apr 27, 2007.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

What do you have your guys do on days where its soaked outside from the rain but not raining?

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Sling yards and yards of mulch. Just like I am going to do this morning. Is it rotten in Pewaukee today?

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Get estimates out, change oil, trim in the water, haul debris away from other jobs, maintain equipment, repair what has been neglected, maybe sleep an extra hour in the morning, anything you probably would not be doing when the sun is shining!

4. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Ed its still way wet but i have 60-70 acres that still need to be cut and 5 guys that want to work. Yea i might have them do some mulch but i will have to pay high prices for the mulch :( $18 a yd verse if i pre plan i pay $11

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

There s a few yards today will mulch cause of the rain. Also so debri clean-ups. Maybe some hauling away of junk to the dump.

6. Nathan Robinson

Nathan Robinson LawnSite Senior Member
    from 47712

as for me. I get on lawnsite

7. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

gentlemens club they open at 11

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

get some extra sleep, take care of any running to the bank or store i may need to go to. Respond to calls for my fire dept that i normally couldn't do if i was working. Fix anything that is broken.

9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Paperwork, estimates ,mulch, work on equipment anything else i can squeeze in

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Put on full rain gear and go cut grass.