1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys do to your decks during the winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I have a DC and I bought it last year and I was curious what maint. do you do on your decks underneath for the winter? Do you paint it or iuse slip plate or dont even worry about it what seems to be the norm for deck maint. and is that mo-deck stuff really worth it? Thanks
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

After the last mow, everything top and bottom is power washed until start up in the spring. We don't do anything else cause everything is kept inside out of the elements.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

clean them off, winterize them and believe it or not we wax all the decks with regular car wax even though they are kept in storage.
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

We just like to clean em up...paint the visible parts (not the underside)...store em away

Mo-Deck works great for us...we swear by it. Do a search and you'll pull up lots of testimonials
  5. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 LawnSite Member

I pressure wash the whole machine, do the regular maintenance of grease bearings and changing oils and then I too wax the topside of the decks with car wax even though I keep them under cover, Just pressure wash the underside or scrape it with a putty knife to get the grass off. That crap they have to spray on the bottom is nothing more than moisture gaurd or WD40. I don't use anything under there, after 2 or 3 lawns it wears off anyway. Just keep it pressure washed regularly in the summer to keep it clean