1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you guys do when it freezes and you can't work?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by The Lighting Geek, Jan 17, 2013.

1. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

Being that I live in california and it might get in the 20's in the winter we work year round. What do the rest of you who can't, do with your time? Do you have other indoor work, or clear snow? Just curious. I knew a landscape company that shifted to plowing snow and clearing walkways for winter for their commercial clients.
  2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I install outside when I can and I have three interior lighting design projects I am working on.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Spring Valley Lawn Service

Spring Valley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Clean house, sleep in, get equip ready for next season and catch an extra shift on my job
  4. Classic Lighting

Classic Lighting LawnSite Senior Member

Wait for people to post new threads in this forum.
    Recreationally speaking, I do lots skiing, work on that honey-do list, or volunteer with the local meals on wheels.
  5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Snow usually try to squeeze a couple deck builds in. Gets really bad I work part time for my old construction boss although have t had to do that this year and I'm loving it.
  6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Count my money.
  7. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

Once it freezes we pray for like a 5 inch snowfall once a week. That would be perfect. Otherwise, during winter all you can do is fix stuff from the summer and sit on the internet drooling over all the new mowers, tools, and trucks you want to buy. haha

YardBros Outdoors
  8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Watch all the stuff I've DVRed all summer.
  9. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Its amazing how many creepers must browse the lighting forum everyday.... Who are you people with these equipment lists?
  10. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

I doubt they are scanning the lighting forum-----probably just using the "new posts" feature.