What do you guys do with your waste? Grass clippings etc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KingMoneyNYC, Jul 5, 2008.

1. KingMoneyNYC

KingMoneyNYC LawnSite Member

I'm working in NYC, I try to mulch as much as I can but I still have a lot of waste...I contacted the city and they told me I have to make arrangements with a private sanitation company...now when I called the sanitation company they tell me if going to have to rent a small dumpster and theyll charge me by the weight as I use it...I'm curious what do most of you guys do with your waste? How do you carry it on your truck etc etc.....thanks

2. bock

bock LawnSite Member

I go to the dump, its about 5 dollars a ton!

3. KingMoneyNYC

so how do you bring it to the dump? do you have a dump truck?

4. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Back of the truck now. Funny you asked, Yes I did just buy a f350 dump. That will cut down on time.

Heres a tip to speed things up.
    -get a bed liner from a small compact truck, cut about 10 inches off the end and put that in your truck. Then put all the grass in that. When you go to the dump just push the bedliner out . keep doing that every time you go!

5. KingMoneyNYC

First I'm going to have to find the closest dump if there even is one close to me

6. bock

bock LawnSite Member

yes lol that would be step one! Or they are called recycling centers. Google it...

7. KingMoneyNYC

so this sucks, basically im forced to buy a dump truck...right?

8. bock

bock LawnSite Member

No.... they help, but if you are in the market for a truck get one. Or you can just fill up a grip of trash cans and do it that way.

9. brianhanson37

brianhanson37 LawnSite Member

I just dump it in the woods, however I live on 5 acres. I burn some of it too.

10. bock

bock LawnSite Member

For us city folk we gotta pay the piper to ditch our clippings. Or i guess you can find your friendly neighborhood creek?