What do you guys do?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawn Guye, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Lawn Guye

Lawn Guye LawnSite Member

What do you guys do with the clippings?
    a. take them with you
    b. Or sack them up and leave them for the customer

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

They are cleanly and evenly dispersed on the lawn to dry and fall into the soi surface where they decompose, help keep the soil surface cooler, assist in retaining moisture, and return up to 30% of the total nitrogen value back to the soil over the course of a season. There is no extra charge for this, though. It is all included in the price of the cut.

3. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I blow them into the customers mulch beds. Kiddn...The right thing to do is exactly what Runner said to do!! DONT BAG EM!

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If a customers requests that the clippings be collected, they are dumped at a local nursery that has a dump area.

5. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

I have a hard time explaining mulching to customers. I bag all clippings and either leave for customer to dispose of.Some of my older customers cant handle the bags so I take them with me. Anyone else got the same problem? Or grass growing to fast in the spring to mulch?:confused:

6. gary6768

gary6768 LawnSite Member

In the winter I work at Walmart as a greeter. I save all my clippings and put them in little " treat " bags for the incoming customers.:cool2:

7. jasonj24680

jasonj24680 LawnSite Member

Yeah, someone really wants a bag of grass when they walk into walmart...

8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I WOuld say 1 out of 25 lcos mulch it back into the ground. 99% of customers dont want it done they think its dirty

I bag them up and leave at thh curb most LCO's cart it away because you technically cant leave any bags if you are a landscaper but as long as the neigbors dont care it doesnt matter we dont have garbage police or anything

9. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

what are clippings ? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

10. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

I recycle them......:laugh: