1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chadwhick, Feb 24, 2003.

1. chadwhick

chadwhick LawnSite Member

What do you guys include in your lawn care "packages"? As of now all I really include is mowing, trimming, edging, and drive way blow-offs. What else do ya'll recomend?
  2. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

fertilizing, aerating, soil tests, spraying for weeds, curb appeal!
  3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

ONe part of my weekly mowing service that has helped me get a few accounts is. -Weed control in the sidewalks and drives.
    Those nasty weeds that keep growing through the cracks. I just trim them off or spray them with roundup. It really makes a difference in the overall appearance having them cleaned up.
    (Yes, I am licensed to spray)
  4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you charge for spraying the Roundup? Is it included in the price of the mowing...or do you charge additionally for each time you must spray?
  5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

It's part of my standard mowing service. Only takes a couple minutes. I just take a small hand pump sprayer with me about once a month. Otherwise I will hit it with the trimmer. a few seconds here or there isn't much but the results can really show up.