What Do You Guys Make A Week $$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walters lawn, Apr 28, 2002.

1. walters lawn

walters lawn LawnSite Member

JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW . I AM PART TIME AND WOULD LOVE TO GIVE UP THIS JOB THAT I AM AT AND MOW FULL TIME . I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THE MONEY IS THERE . I HAVE DONE THE MATH AND IT LOOKS LIKE I COULD MAKE MORE THAN I DO NOW . I CANT TAKE ON ANY MORE YARDS AND KEEP WORKING AT THIS JOB . WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO? GIVE ME A RANGE OF WHAT SOME OF YOU MAK A WEEK. I WILL BET YOU ALL OUT GROSS ME AND I MAKE ABOVE WHAT THE NORMAL PAY IS AROUND HERE. AFFTER A FUE POST I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I AM MAKING AT THIS JOB.

2. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

on average i make about 2,000 wk with side jobs. Now i have done more work in a week to make more money.

3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Not enough :D

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

my brother does lawncare full time and makes 2000+ per week by himself with ztrs and hydro walkbehinds. unfortunately with helpers he only makes 2400-2600 per week. but then he only works 30 hours a week... Of course this is only from april1 -mid nov. Dave g

5. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I am with Greenquest. Not nearly enough. What you gross and what you get to take home are worlds apart. Too much over head. One thing to keep in mind with working for your self, there is no benifits unless YOU pay for them. No retirement, no health insurance, you get the picture.

6. Pro-Lawn

Pro-Lawn LawnSite Member

Never enough. Never will tell. LOL
    Good rule to follow in this business also.

Eric Goodwin
    Pro-LawnCare.com

7. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

How about turning off your caplock?

You might want to be more specific when you ask how much a lco makes. A lot of guys on here think their gross equals their net or their salary or their cashflow. Had one lady tell me she thought cashflow was what went through her checking account.

Does anyone know the conversion rate of sacks of potatoes versus dollars?

8. perfection lawn care

perfection lawn care LawnSite Member

I am averaging around $500 wk part time, I also work a full time job at the post office. It takes me around 12 hrs to do 15 yards by myself give or take a little. Hope this helps!

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Most of the above is correct but how would it help you? The above post says $500...before or after taxes, insurance......??

Also each market and operator will vary greatly. While I may say I make $5000 a week, is this good advise for you? No, because you may bid less than I and work twice as hard. Or you may bid higher and work much less. Do a market survey at your local level, find what most make per hour or lawn, get figures on insurance, equipment cost, fuel, figure your taxes then see what you have left.

If that number looks good then go for it.

10. perfection lawn care

perfection lawn care LawnSite Member

Sorry, that is gross before overhead at years end it will come out around 40 per hour average minus overhead.