1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys make average on fall/spring cleanups?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Mar 1, 2001.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

The topic just about says it all =), what do you guys plan on making on clean-ups alone?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I shoot for a minimum of 10/man-hrs for Spring,,,

And a minimum of 6/man-hrs for the Fall.

Hope this helps.

[Edited by kutnkru on 03-02-2001 at 01:51 AM]
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds about right since it comes out polished. I have to say though, many of my places I get quite a bit less than that because they were left in pretty good shape in the Fall. A little touching up in the corners and around the edges, and perhaps a good combing.
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Location and conditions = price. I am in a rural area with lots of trees and way too many leaves to mulch. My regular customers run from $30.00 for a small easy yard to $150.00 for a large yard in the spring.The fall clean up is a different story.I try to service the property every week or two just like mowing, only I am sucking up leaves to have them clean when the snow comes.I have some that I can blow into the woods which makes it easier.Last year I grossed around $5000.00 for fall clean up, part time + solo.

5. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Where can i get the awesome smileys.

6. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Wait a minute how do you end up with more hours in the spring when the leaves fall in the fall?

Most my jobs dont even need spring clups cause they had the fall done. I dont see how the spring could be more.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

There's no way to say what an average is. As little as $95 and as much as several thousand.

My goal is to make $550 or more per day for our 2 man clean-up crew. And when we have really big clean-ups that are difficult to estimate, I will charge a by-the-day rate. That rate is $550 per day. For that, they get my best 2 laborers for the entire day (usually 9-11 hours) and we'll haul away as much debris as we can get out in that time. It includes most of the chemicals we'd need for a job (e.g roundup, fertilizer, moss killer, etc.) except pre-emergents. But it doesn't include any plants, barkdust (mulch, as it's called outside the NW), etc.

You'd be surprised at how many people take us up on that deal. If I can't get a $550 all-day clean-up, I'll try to get in 2 $300 clean-ups that day. Or even 3 smaller clean-ups. But the point is, I am grossing $550 per day plus materials. With that, we can stay pretty profitable.

In the busiest part of the season we'll do 2 or 3 of these by-the-day jobs per week. The rest of the week that crew will do several smaller jobs each day or installs or something else.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

bdemir-if someone didn't have the fall cleanup you have the leaves to deal with, plus the 1st edging of the year. That is why I get more for the spring.

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

$35 per man hour.
  10. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

On a property about 80*80 incl house and hardscapes I'll get 150$+. This is for houses that I did fall clean ups last year and don't have too many leaves. It includes thatching, mowing, edging, beds, pre emerge, fert, lime, seed(more $ for anything more than a few spot seedings).