1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you guys need to get for fungicide applications

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, Jul 16, 2001.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i tryed this on the pest. forum no luck with it.
    what do you guys need to get for a fungicide application.
    1.do you charge more for curative applications?
    2. what do you need to get per 1000 sf.
    and what are you useing?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Ant,I only apply fungicides at the Golf course,my lawns dont need it for the most part,so I cant help you there.I would charge a lot more for a curative application,since most fungicides are double rate for curative,or reqiure a tank mix to knock it down,and for residual control.I use banner maxx,curalan,and bayleton right now for prevention,if i get active brown patch or dollar spot,I tank mix in daconil,to knock it down and the one of the above will give me my residual control.iIm sure that you cany use Daconil on lawns now.I will be trying Compass from Bayer when my current stock gets used up.It is supposed to outperform my current mix,for residual control,at less cost.
  3. tpirobert

tpirobert LawnSite Member

I try to avoid spraying the fungicides, but the conditions have been "right" for fungus to spread on some of my lawns. My costs are much higher for the fungicide products so I double the fert price per app. of fungicide. So far, my customers are willing to pay the $$ to get rid of the brown patch etc..