What do you guys think about this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, May 1, 2008.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=270233015233&_trksid=p3907.m32

Yes its a gas but thats what I want. I have no desire to have a diesel right now so save the "should get a diesel" comments. I was first only interested in a 3/4 ton until I saw this. Price is good on it. I would be using it to tow my 16' enclosed with say 6K lbs and occasionally our equipment trailer w/ the Massey 263. Have any of you guys ran one of these newer gas duallys? I'm wondering if the hemi will be enough or will I have to look at the Ford V10.

2. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The hemi has plenty of power. Looks like a good price and the miles are not to bad. Around here gas is 80 cents a gallon cheaper then the diesel. Make sure it has decent tires when you buy it, because you will be buying 6. Good luck.

3. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Waaaaayyyyy to pretty to be a work truck. That baby would be my personal vehicle. Honestly, that would be a sweet truck to have. Good luck if you pick it up

4. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

About $30k I would believe

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Waste of Money without a diesel, you are buying a underpowered dually?????

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

My neighbor got rid of his 2500 Dodge Hemi, got maybe 13 on the Highway, and 8 in the city. Keep in mind the MPG's

7. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

It looks like an excellent buy to me. I have been up there to shamburgs and it looks like he sells good stuff, good honest guy. That truck is plenty for what you need.

8. tras

tras LawnSite Member

I always laugh a little when i see a gas dually out on the road, expecially if its pulling.

9. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Use less as a dually if it has bin used like a dually normally would be used the hemi's motor's pretty much shot

10. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

ok for the price and being a 4x4 it is a good price. Yes the 5.7 will be a little under powered with a load on say like 10000 lbs. No the comment about the 5.7 being worn out at 70000 is a bunch of bull. I am a big proponent of diesel even if it does cost more because of what you get but sometimes it does not make sense to spend the extra money. I bet you can get it under the 14000 to because of fuel prices. You will like the truck if you are a person who does not get in a hurry and you are not one to speed. I have both a 3/4 ton single and a 1 ton dually and I will take out the underpowered one ton with my mowing equipment any day over the 3/4 it just handles a trailer so much better. you also need to look at this if you are in town and doing a lot of stopping from lawn to lawn the gas axtually has an advantage. The diesel is good if you are going to be drinving good distances between one property to another or you just simply need the extra power because you are towing 10000 plus lbs behind you.