What do you guys think (flyer)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nmez21, Jan 12, 2007.

1. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

This is the first time I've tried to put together a flyer and I'd like some opinions. Just looking to pick up a couple more accounts this year, outside of regualr referrals. If you would, please tell me what you like, and dislike, and what you might think about changing. Thanks,

flyer11058.jpg

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

too wordy. sometimes less is more. few bullets about what you do maybe any special offers to entice me to call...

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

yea i agree. no offense but people don't wnat to read that much. other than that's looks preety cool.

nick

4. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I agree with adding a special offer to make customers call otherwise looks really nice.

5. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I like your company name. sounds good.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I like it. Like your name and logo too. What did you use to make the flyer?

7. nmez21

Thanks guys for all the help! I'll work on shortening it up a bit and I throw in a "first cut free is signed up by -----" or something similar, great advice.

Grits- Thanks, and I used Microsoft Publisher

StBalor- Nice signature! :laugh:

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Do NOT do a "first cut free". Just do a coupon worth x%. The flyer looks great - a little to detailed or extensive, but it looks real nice. With all the color and all, what is the cost of this? Also, is this a full page?

9. nmez21

Thanks for the help. I am leaning towards printing them off myself, but I am not quite sure of the costs as of yet, with the printer being fairly new. But I talked to a guy breifly that does local printing and he said that he could print off a full page(regular non-gloss paper) and mail locally for $.30-$.37 a piece(100 flyers, $.015 cheaper for 500 more and so on), depending upon colors and such. Those of you that have dealt with printing and mailing co.'s, how does this price stack up? Thanks

10. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

There is a lot of good elements to that flyer but everything has to align with something. The whole bottom half looks like things were put on at random.