What do you guys think of a z-plugger?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreenHor7, Feb 4, 2008.

1. GreenHor7

GreenHor7 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what everyone thinks of a z-plugger for everyday use. I want to put the spreader and sprayer on the unit. I am a sole operator and i really want to grow my business in this area. This would be my only peice of equipment. Would this machine be good to grow a business. It seems to be economical but i was wondering how effective it is?

2. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have a Z-Plugger & a Z-Spray. The Z-Plugger seems to handle too goofy to put a spreader & sprayer on it. The 3 wheel tricycle setup takes some getting used to. If I could only have one, it would be a Z-Spray with a pull behind aerator. (Ya, you can pull an aerator with a Z-Spray)

3. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I rented one...I got pretty good handling it at the end of the day...I hated it

4. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

It's my belief that the tri-wheel design is all wrong for a lawn tool..

5. GreenHor7

So you guys do not like the design of the z-plugger. I thought that it would be the most economical way to go.

6. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you already own one, you can put the spreader/sprayer attchments on it, but it's not cheap. It's ok to fert/spray with. It does become a pain to swap out the aerator as it's quite heavy. Otherwise, it's great to aerate with. We haven't had any problems with ours.

7. GreenHor7

Could a z-spray pull a pull-behind aerator with limited effort and would that effect the transmission at all. I was just wondering. I am a owner/operator and i am looking for the best bang for my buck.

8. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

9. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I LIKE that setup.. :) Is that kind of aerator pretty good about getting up close to houses, and in tight spots?? can you back it into corners?

10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you can get fairly close to houses, but I still have a walk behind I use for tight spots. but it sure take the work out of aeration!!