1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of Lesco?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

New year means new equipment. I just sold an '01 model Husqvarna 52/23 commercial z. I know alot of guys knock these mowers but I really liked mine, it was quick, responsive, powerful, and most of all it cut good. My father owns a cub cadet tank M60 which I like but after doing research I found I could get the same model from lesco and save about $500-$800. I am also considering a Lesco w/b hydro w/ a floting 54 deck for my smaller yards. I run echo for all my two stroke stuff but am unsure if what z's to get. The new Husky's look cheap, and I'm too cheap for scag or exmark. Any advice you guys can give me about Lesco would be great. Thanks...
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco will get you going just ask Envy. Buy what you can afford and if Lesco is it so be it. I'm not a fan of Cub Cadet, Lesco, or any other MTD product in the short term they look good because their cheap or should I say inexpensive. Over the long haul doing commercial everyday they will cost you more in downtime and repairs. Again buy what you can afford and when things get going good upgrade to better equipment.
  3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Don't be to sure of that. We have had Cub Tanks/ Lesco for a long time now and they last very well. I'm sure Envy will also back this up.
  4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Depending on your account classification with Lesco, you can score some pretty decent deals.
    You can actually negotiate with some service centers what price they will sell to you at based on your trade history, credit scores and potential future purchases. I took advantage of the 6 month 0% same as cash purchase over $2500 promo they were running.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I SURE WILL!!!!

They are great in every department.
    You can't go wrong with them... and Lesco has been very good to me.

Personally, I think the most important things you have to evaluate are...
    Which place most deserves your money? Cub or Lesco?
    Which engine option you might want?
    Which warranty statement you like best?
    And rather or not you are going to finance....

$500 - $800 ain't s#it.... I know it can seem like it is, but it's not.
    Not enough to base a decision from, that's for sure.

In my area Lesco is worlds better at parts/service/support than Cub.
    But things vary from place to place.
    You need to evaluate that yourself.

Otherwise, Cub sorta seems to have the advantage in other areas.
    For instance, if you plan to finance, Cub usually has 0% for 36 months.
    The financing flushes the price difference right out the window for anyone not paying cash.
    Some people also want engine options.
    Air cooled Kawasaki is all you can get at Lesco besides the 33 Generac 72".
    Cub has Kawi, Kawi LC, Kohler, Generac and Cat Diesel.
    Lesco warranty = 1
    Cub warranty =1 plus extended to 3 on some items (parts only)
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I am far from a Lesco equipment fan, but their CS department is great! I won't rant because I respect other's opinions, but mine is this: Spend a few more bucks on a Wright, Walker, or Scag.
  7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

The closest Lesco dealer is over about 90 minutes away and they are currently out of the two mowers I'm considering. I've been checking on there website and my only question is, is does Lesco Finance? I see on there about taking a whole 3% off the purchase price but thats it. And does anyone know why you can buy there hydro w/b with a floating deck cheaper then a fixed deck? Why is the 54 inch cheaper then the 48 inch?
  8. willietd2

willietd2 LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

i will back it up also. i have two tanks and no problems. im not going to sit here and nock scag,exmark,ect.because they too are fine machines.i think if you do your research you will find good and bad in all of them. the two reasons i went with tanks was the price and a close dealership for service.just so happens the service is not needed yet. i have 100 hrs. on one and 300 on the other. i also like exmark,but i had a friend that was demoing one and huffed the motor,but still that dont meen there a bad machine,but you can see where that would kill the sale. my two cents
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco's website has sucked since they re-done it.

Yes, they have financing available, and like most everyone else, the programs change back and forth. Since that's not current on the website now, you'd have to call to find out.

But go back up and re-read Post #5 in reference to if you want to finance.
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Envy you seem to know your stuff about Lesco so maybe you can tell me about there w/b's and why a 48" cost more then a 54". As well as why a fixed deck is more then a floating? Have you ever used one of there floating w/b's?