1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of my flyer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GreenClips, Feb 21, 2007.

1. GreenClips

GreenClips LawnSite Member

here's my flyer i want to put out what do you guys think?...be honest give me some pointers tell me what you think i should do with it its going to probably be in black and white.

mowing improved 4.JPG
  2. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

well congradulation you made a flyer that looks almost the same as everyone else's flyer. if thats the way you wanna do it, well then it looks fine
  3. GreenClips

hey thanks for the great response......yeah thanks a lot man you know you dont even need to comment if you arent going to help me out...
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Looks ok from what I can see... I can't read the blue part, though. I would most certainly get rid of the "owned and operated by" bit. That is not only totally unnecessary, but is rather an unprofessional confusion element. No one wants to to know that they are going to be dealing with Tim or Matt. If you are solo, it's fine,...but for a partnership, it isn't. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but partnerships don't work, anyway. This has been covered extensively on here over the years. The sooner you guys branch off on each of your own, the better off you are.
  5. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

lol !! it looks fine, just that it looks more like everybody else's flyer. nothing really stands out and grabs your attention. you might want to try offering more like a one time cut at XX amount of dollars. that way they have a chance to see how good of a job you do and you should beable sign up customers easier and not all will sign up but your still makin money. maybe this will be of use to you
  6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

So how much are you selling the Toro for? What? You are not selling it? Then why in the hell is it on your flyer. To me, your flyer looks good. But I like mowers. Your potential customers don't even know what that thing is on the flyer, even more, they could care less. Don't use your company name as a headline (even though I am guilty of this myself, but I do no better). Start noticing other ads (not lawn care) and see how they are set-up. It is not an accident the way these ads are configured. Good ads have a headline that will try to grab your attention. The age old question, "What is in it for me?". That is what people want, they want to know how they can benefit from whatever. Anywho......back to the drawing board....unless you want it to blend in with every other Mow Joe.
  7. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

one other bit of advice i can give you is, don't be stupid and go to kinko's to have your flyers printed up because their prices are way to high you can go to office max and/or office depot (as long as you get more than 1000 copies made) and get them for 3 cent a copy which 1001 copys will be around 31 bucks
  8. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm... it's the standard marketing formula that nearly every grass cutter uses. It's not different or compelling. (You wanted honest opinions.)

It certainly is difficult to create material that makes a service stand apart.

From the reader's point of view, why should they respond to your flyer? What makes you the better choice? That's what I would be thinking of in re-doing it.
  9. GreenClips

ok so i fixed it a bit what do you guys think now?

mowing flyer.JPG
  10. GreenClips

sorry about that now you can see it better

ok sure.JPG