What do you guys think of my new trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DK lawn care, Jul 28, 2009.

1. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Its a 6'10x14 ft trailer with LED's, a front ramp that folds down into the pick up bed and a 4 foot rear ramp. I paid $1,600 for it last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you think its a good deal?

2. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

I always think anything over 12 ft long should be double axle but looks good.

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That's a marginal deal I got my 16ft open for $1500. Came with 2ft mesh sides 4ft, gate trimmer rack pressure treated 2x10's and a lifetime warranty.

4. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Ya it may have been in ur area. But in my area it was a good deal. They wanted 6'10x14 footers for almost 2k new with no front ramp, LED's or 4 foot gate.

5. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never priced a trailer with a front gate like that, but I really like that idea. I bet that's pretty handy. I would like to see it with tandem axles.

6. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

That's a nice trailer but would be a lot less here in Ga. I paid $1400 for mine and it's an equipment trailer with dual axles and brakes. I can haul my 4200# New Holland on it or a skid steer. Also, single axle trailers won't haul much weight-they'll be all over the place with a couple of riders-I agree it should have been a dual axle over 12'.

7. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with you i have a 6'10X12 and with a nice load on the trailer its hard to stop i think that it should be double axled i agree with what your saying.

8. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

seems little bit high but not to bad how many yards do you have one that trailer ?

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Like the others, it seems a little high to me, however, I also like the front gate !!

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

nice trailer. seems like a pretty good price for around here