What do you guys think of the Classen TA-25D split drive aerator?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by syzer, Oct 1, 2000.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys think of this and where is a place with good prices? Thanks.

Chris

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Ask Ray, he just bought one.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I would not trade it for any other kind of walk behind. I paid $2800 for mine but I think they sell for $3000 or so.

4. Ocutter

Ocutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ray- Where can one be found?

5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah where ya get it ray?
    oh yeah i forgot to send as i said i would i will ahve it in the mail tomorrow =).

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

1. any mail order?
    2. is classen the only one with a split drive

7. KirbysLawn

I bought mine in Monroe, NC at Whitleys Lawn and Garden. I got the last one at that time, sure more are on the way. I will call Chad tomorrow and ask. Maybe you guys can car pool down and pick'em up. :D

8. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you are doing tons of tiny lawns, why not go with a pull behind? For the same $3K you can get a nice aerator, and also a pretty deacent used tractor to pull it with. Productivity will be a lot greater, and you will not be as tired.

Since I got my tow behind, I only use a walk behind for trimming and tight areas.

9. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

my ta-25d came in today .what a mechine,i have its sister,(lesco 26" solid reel)totaly different mechine.
    well built, easy to turn.

for those of you how used the ta-25d split drive do you keep the weight bar on,or remove it when you aerate, i know with the lesco i have to remove it because the mechine is a bear to run.
    anthony

10. KirbysLawn

Leave the bar in! When I removed mine it put the weight of the machine back one me, plus it plugged better.