What do you guys think of this truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CandCLandscaping, Nov 4, 2007.

1. I found this truck the other day driving to the dealer for string/oil and it really caught my eye. It used to belong to a local company who has a reputation of taking good care of thier stuff. I plan on taking it to the local shop just so they can look over it before i would buy anything, but i would like to hear your opinions on this truck, mainly on the dodge V10's (what gas mileage would i expect, power, any parts that it is notorious for going through, etc....)

Here are the specs:
    1996 Dodge 3500
    V10
    Extended cam laramine (*sp?)
    8ft stake bed (will put a hoist under it eventually if purchased)
    comes w/ 9ft western plow (the spreader in the back is $2000 extra)
    White
    no more than 130,000 miles
    4x4
    automatic transmission
    seats in good condition
    a little rust on fenders

bed panaramic view.jpg

dodge.jpg

dodge back wheel.jpg

dodge bed.jpg

dodge cab.jpg

2. i have many many pictures.......:)

dodge frame.jpg

dodge front of plow.jpg

dodge front right.jpg

dodge grille.jpg

dodge hood.jpg

3. and 5 more....can you tell they are from a camera phone?

dodge hood clearance lights.jpg

dodge interior.jpg

dodge overview.jpg

dodge panaramis view.jpg

dodge plow.jpg

4. and once again......the more the merrier!

dodge plow mount.jpg

dodge right cab.jpg

dodge rust on fenders.jpg

dodge side view.jpg

dodge side view bed.jpg

5. here are a few more....

dodge v10 badge.jpg

dodge view from back.jpg

dodge view from distance.jpg

dodge view from front.jpg

dodge view from front right.jpg

6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

whats the price

7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

The V10s are a great engine, but do like to drink gas like any other gas work truck. The rust on the fenders will only get worse if nothing is done to them. They look like they are pretty bad to begin with. Other than that it looks to be in good shape. Are you sure it's a laramie? That package usually has heated leather seats and everything else you could think of. It usually isn't found in a work truck. How much are the looking to get for it?

8. the yellow in the bed is a spreader that i dont plan on buying. ($2000 if anyone's interested). Also, they are asking $3200 which i think is very reasonable. the tranny is the #1 thing i am concerned with as of right now and will definatley have a mechanic take a long hard look at it. As far as gas mileage goes, it will only be driven no more than 2-3 days a week, and even then it wont be that much. (i dont plan on running around town with a v10). i already have a honda accord manual that gets great mpg thats my everyday driver.

,Colin

dodge with plow.jpg

dodgeback of plow.jpg

9. Are you sure it's a laramie? That package usually has heated leather seats and everything else you could think of. It usually isn't found in a work truck. How much are the looking to get for it?[/QUOTE]

honestly, not in the least bit, lol. not familiar with the interior packages that dodge offers.

10. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

mmmmmmmmmmmm, tons of rust and a missing airbag. yep i would say that is a great truck.