What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Landscape89, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of adding more info to my bills about just how I operate. For instance, I am thinking of putting on my billing papers pictures of my equipment that I use and other things that relate to landscaping such as leaves and snowflakes. What do you guys think about this idea?

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that will make you look like a kid cutting grass who doesnt really have a business.... very unprofessional

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Now I don't mess with the receipts / bills, I buy them as-is for like a penny a piece and am not about to double or triple the cost of such cheap paper. But I want to put pics someplace also and I think the BEST place to do this would be on a Web site such as yourbusinessname.com
    It would cost about $20 / month or so in hosting and registration fees and if it's your first site they are quite a pain to build, still it is worth it because if you really get into it, you could setup customer accounts online with an sql database where ppls can check their schedule, pay amounts due with a credit card, etc, etc... something to do in the wintertime, for me.
    The other thing I've seen is a friend of mine prints his pics on his laserjet printer and then puts them all in a folder which he carries with him, so when people want to see pics of his work / equipment, he has it with him at the job And/OR while estimating.
    You COULD if you wanted, have someone design a receipt/bill with a picture of your best lawn on the back or something on the front like a watermark (like with checks) but really it's mostly a NEAT thing to do and I don't think it makes much of a difference in the end...