What Do You Guys Think

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenClips, Feb 11, 2006.

1. GreenClips

GreenClips LawnSite Member

JUST GOT A TORO WALK-BEHIND. WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO STRAP THE MOWER TO THE TRAILER WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING.(4x8)

2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

You shouldnt really have to. You can just run it all the way to the front of the trailer against the side walls and leave it in gear. If its in gear it shouldn't roll backwards but if you hit bumps it will probably move around a little. I like the keep mine strapped down because it doesnt take that much time to do and saves a little wear and tear on an expensive machine. Look into pro lockers if you want another quick option.

3. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Always, and I mean always secure your equipment on the trailer. Make it a habit. The last thing you need is a piece of equipment flying off your trailer.
    Did I say ALWAYS ?

kc

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

absolutely always secure your equipment.if you get pulled over with out it being secured it is a BIG time fine,the couple minutes a day you save will be lost when you pay that big fine.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Get a set of Fastraps.

Quick, simple and EFFECTIVE at keeping mowers still.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

a 2 x 4 screwed to the trailer deck, or 2 in front and behind the rear wheels should work... But on a small trailer like that, chances are that one big bump and it will be all over the place. better to strap it down to save on the scratches and scrapes as well as the transmission.

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

8. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I don't suggest leaving it in gear though....I've been told by my dealer that leaving it in gear puts stress on the gears in the transmission... (SO I'M TOLD!!!!)

9. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I alway's strap mine down, I really dont think it would move much. I drive slow,but i worry abought getting into an accident, If someone hit me i wouldnt want it to fly into someone not involved, another car,pedistrian,etc.

10. samk

samk LawnSite Member

always stap down. always