What do you guys think ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KcLawnServices, Feb 19, 2006.

1. KcLawnServices

KcLawnServices LawnSite Member

I have about 32 accounts starting out this spring...My Weekly accounts add up to $595 a week,thats $19040 a year..My Bi weekly accounts add up to $630 a week,thats $10080 a year..Put it together and its $29120...I have a chance to pick up alot more yards...My area is growing like crazy...I have been in the business now for about 6 years...I have a chance to pick up 18 more accounts..What do you guys think? Is this a pretty good start? Thanks guys

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah, I would say that is a good start. Can you handle the additional 18 accounts with your currnet set up or would you have to expand?

3. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

KC, I would say that you are off to a good start but based on my experience it appears your accounts are either very small or else they are under priced. How many weeks do you mow in your area? Test the water and see if you can get by with a price increase on some of your properties. Remember volume in this business does not always equate to more profit in your hand.

4. KcLawnServices

KcLawnServices LawnSite Member

We have 32 mowing weeks a year....

5. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Okay KC since you are on line here give us some more info so that we can help you.
    How old are you / you're profile says that you have been in business .5
    How many comm. accounts of the current 32 you have
    How many residential
    What equipment
    What is your operating cost per hour / overhead / what do you feel you need to make an hour to obtain your desired profit
    Are the 18 additional accounts currently owned by someone else and what is their breakdown of comm versus resi and what is the breakdown on their income as well

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

they look like they are less the 20 bucks each... thats pretty cheap, even in an economically depressed area like toledo, thats too cheap....