What Do you Guys Think?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mc752000, May 5, 2008.

1. mc752000

mc752000 LawnSite Member

Hello guys,

I been in the business for about 5 years now, part time. I work full time making 50k/year, on my lawn business I make about 20K/year. My good friend is getting out of the business and I am thinking of taking over his business which makes about 70K or more, he also has some fence work to along with this company for the winter months. He wants to sell me his equipment and a couple of contracts for 40K. Equipment is 52exmark 1yr old, 60scag 4yrold but new motor late last year, 2 2yr old stihl trimmer, 2 4yr old toro push mowers, 1 new echo backpack, 16ft open trailer. The contracts are worth double what the business is. What do you guys think Should I go ahead and jump into this full time or What? Please every comment is helpful and appreciated.

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Questions like this always Puzzle me .......

this is stickly your decission. there are so many variables involved that noone could tell YOU what to do......

you are the only one whos incharge of your future

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Well your already making 70k, why spend 40k to stay the same

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Go for it if you want. If you've got the managment skills and keep the business where it's at, then it might be a good investment.

Worse case scenario, it doesn't work out, and you can turn around and sell it for a small profit.