1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by FlyMarines09, Dec 8, 2008.

  1. I was searching the internet for various ways of hardscape certification...

    Found these two websites...

    Is this the same things that are taught through ICPI and NCMA? As I stated in an earlier thread, I don't understand much about how ICPI and NCMA work... I want to be certified and have the proper knowledge and training well before I start jumping into this thing. Obviously I need some insite.
  2. Hokie84

    Hokie84 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 39

    ICPI is the organization that sets the guidelines for installation and all things related to interlocking concrete pavers. NMCA, for segmented retaining walls. Level one ICPI certification is probably where you want to start. Certification usually involves two days of classes followed by a test. The classes are offered at various places, including Hardscape North America. The web site www.icpi.org ,continuing education section has the information on other places.
  3. steve5966

    steve5966 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 210

    Go to the Hardscape North America show in Atlanta in January. Sign up for icpi and nmca classes and you can learn the basics from the hands on demos. You will get more bang for your buck by attending the show than any other way.

Share This Page