1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by amw, Jul 7, 2004.

1. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

4.5 acre lot (residential)
    - the house, garage, deck, and drive way..

the lawn is about 3.5 acres.

thier is very little line trimming and no edging to be done.

the grass grows quick.

this is what they want ...

low price.
    good job.
    as few cuts as possible.

it will take about 3/4hour to 1.5 hours (2 guys) depending on the time of year and how offten its cut.

what would you guys charge and how offten would you cut it?

thanks for your help!
  2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i would cut everyweek depending on how fast it grows, i would charge atleast 75$
  3. BrandonH

BrandonH LawnSite Member

If the grass grows really quick and is pretty thick I would insist on once weekly. If I was to do it weekly I would charge at least $90, but if I had to do it every other week it would be about $125 or so. These are just guesses...it's hard to have a good idea of price without seeing the yard first hand.

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I would agree with premier landscaping on the price. as for frequency, if it grows fast it needs to be cut once a week.
    if they really want it mowed twice a month make it more expensive than if you were cutting weekly
  5. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys...

anyone else???
  6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

$85 weekly, $ 125 per at any other interval.
  7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'd Pass as they will clearly be a PITA Customer as they already want something for nothing. But if you decide to do it make them PAY for it.
  8. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They sound like they are cheap and don't give a crap about their lawn. I got pushed to the limits of my patience by one of these types recently. I would charge as if I were cutting it every week. $75-$90 per week, depending on proximity to other customers. These kinds of "customers" are the ones who like to cut it themselves once in a while to save themselves some green (without telling you). Then you show up to mow and it's already done. Make sure you let them know that this isn't acceptable and they will be charged.

By the way.... I like your website.
  9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

$105 every week... If I had to (needed the job).. $157.50 for every other week. These prices would be my minimum.
  10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

skip it if you can. $90-100 ain't worth 3 man hours, you could replace that one account with 6 other small accounts for more money.